Don't Forget to Pick the Perfect Color!
Fiberglass pools come in an incredible array of sizes, shapes, and configurations. And then there are optional features like spas, tanning ledges, and benches. In fact, you may have so much fun pondering your design decisions that you initially overlook another critical aspect of your new fiberglass pool: the COLOR!
The Hue You Choose Makes a Statement
Back in the day, pool and spa surfaces were almost always the standard white surface, resulting in a light blue water color. You really had to go out of your way to do something different. And if you did, people might look at your backyard oasis a little skeptically, as if something was wrong.
Thankfully, things have changed — especially with fiberglass pools. Today you can (and should!) consider a wide range of colors for your pool or spa.
Manufacturers today are exploring a much broader range of colors. Take Trilogy Pools, for example. Their slogan is “endless possibilities” and you get a sense of that when you look at their color palette. They are pushing the boundaries with their Reflections Series, which has finishes that have a little sparkle just to create some added depth. Some of their colors include:
- Vega - It’s got a base similar to the traditional light blue, but with darker flecks that really give it dimension.
- Stellar - Similar to Vega, only darker, this finish has hints of a greenish color as well.
- River Rock - A pleasing blend of browns and grays creates a look that perfectly reflects the name.
- Biscotti - Tweak the brown-to-gray ratio in River Rock in favor of brown, and you get this finish, which adds an attractive beige tint to the pool water.
- Monaco - This color is the darkest blue in the Reflections Series. Deep blues and flecks of black create a very dramatic look.
- Mystic Lake - If you want your pool to exude mystery, this finish — black with bits of gray — is for you.
Contemplating Your Color
Now that there’s no longer a “default color” for pools and spas, it’s important that you give your selection some serious thought. Who will be using your pool? Primarily kids? Mostly adults? And how will it be used? For fun and games? As a dramatic backdrop for dinner parties? Whatever mood you’re looking to create, there’s a combination of shape, size, accessories, and color for you! Need help choosing? We’re happy to share our thoughts on how best to achieve your vision for your pool. Contact the Latham dealer in your area today. And don’t forget to get on our email list so you know when we publish new blog posts.